It is becoming increasingly evident that fad diets simply do not work. For those of us who are beginning to see the light and are beginning to take responsibility for our own health weight loss plan, this is good. We are through with fad diets once and for all. We are beginning to get the message that we have been sold a bill of goods. Not that some diets are completely evil, but we are beginning to see a bigger and more promising picture for our total health weight loss plan.
It is no longer about blind restrictions in what we should eat or not eat, but about our understanding of why. When we have an understanding of why, as is the case in any arena, it gives us an increasingly advantageous position of why we should follow thru into the next step, which is carrying out the empowered action. Understanding empowers action.
Having said this let’s take a look at sugar, for example. We have heard too much is bad for us, even though we crave the taste in the foods we choose to eat. Eating sweet stuff can be a special treat, but if we were to discover that excess sugar has detrimental consequences to our health, our decision to cut down would be played out as an empowered action.
Medical journals and science reports support the following ten facts in reference to taking in too much sugar in the diet.
1) Sugar suppresses the immune system – one can of soda (containing eight table spoons of sugar) can compromise it by 50%!
2) Excess sugar upsets the mineral relationships in the body causing chromium and copper deficiencies.
3) Can cause a rapid rise in adrenaline, hyperactivity and crankiness in children.
4) Can cause a rise in the bad kind of cholesterol. 5) Loss of elasticity and function in your body tissues.(very bad)
6) Sugar feeds cancer cells- connected to development of breast and ovary cancer.
7) Can cause reactive hyperglycemia.
8) Can weaken eye sight.
9) Can cause premature aging.
10) Excess sugar contributes to obesity.
( “Lick That Sugar Habit” – Nancey Appleton. PhD. )
So in this example you can see how excess sugar may be killing you. To put it mildly, there are definite benefits to cutting down on sugar intake in relation to our total health weight loss plan.