For some people, weight loss can be achieved easily, while for others, it is a difficult task. There is no doubt that a proper diet plan and regular exercise are thumb rules to control weight and stay healthy; but these thumb rules are easier said than done. Following is a weight loss guide for dummies that can be considered for maintaining the body weight.
1. The daily consumption of foods and drinks is a major contributing factor for excess weight. In fact, the unwanted fats are stored from the daily foods that we consume. Based on the age, sex and height, the amount of calorie requirement differs from one individual to another. Consuming the required amount of calories is a key to maintain weight. For example, if an individual needs 2000 calories per day for performing daily activities, then the daily consumption of foods should count only 2000 calories, in order to control weight gain.
2. There are many weight loss diets in the market but nature works the best. Fruits and vegetables are rich in fibers and antioxidants. About five helpings of fruits a day would keep the calorie count in check.
3. You have to know the amount of calorie you are consuming whether your goal is to lose weight and gain lean muscle, or to form massive muscle gains and extra body size. The Olympic gold medalist, Michael Phelps is said to consume more than ten thousand calories of good nutrients per day. The particular shape he keeps is due to the quantity of calories he burns. A diet that’s high in protein and based on the intake of organic nutrients which are high in essential vitamins but small in carbohydrates can supplement your exercise regimen with vital strength without the fatty carbohydrates.
4. Small was never as fashionable as it is today! Eat small portions, five or six times a day. This would keep the blood sugar in check and keep you satiated.
5. Labeling is deceptive. If the package says that is low on fat or calories, dont take their word for it. Check the nutrition label on the packing to get the correct picture.
6. Cut out the sugar. It’s easy to say and hard to do for most of us but if you want to start seeing results you need to put down the cookies. If you’re serious about losing weight this should be your very first goal.
7. Eat more fiber. Next time you go grocery shopping pay attention to the food label and buy products with higher fiber content. Adding fiber to your diet will help you to lose weight faster by filling you up.
Author is an online researcher on natural weight loss. Nutritionist. Click read more on weight loss tips, how to lose belly fat.