Though obesity is not a disease in itself, but it leads to severe health problems like hypertension and diabetes. Obesity or even a few extra pounds, has a profound effect on a person’s life, although the person carrying around the extra pounds seldom realizes this. A deterioration of physical appearance may lead to a low self-esteem, which in turn can lead to depression and other psychological problems. For lifetime benefits, the weight loss must take place in a gradual manner. Let us take a look at some quick weight loss tricks.
1. Milk, cheese and ice cream are taboo for many people who are on a diet, but the abandonment of milk can be counterproductive. Some surveys suggest that the body burns more fat when you take enough calcium and produces more fat when it lacks calcium. The calcium supplements do not have the same benefits, so the milk might have other ingredients that act as well. Most specialists recommend that you remain in milk with low or no fat.
2. Exercising is a must if you want to lose weight quickly. 45 minutes of exercising is recommended for any weight loss program. You can join a gym, aerobic classes or workout at home. If you are too busy to perform the gym workouts, then you should at least go for a walking exercise for a minimum of 30 minutes. Increase your physical activity as much as you can. Avoid use of vehicles for small distances and use staircases instead of lifts at your workplace as well as your home. Swimming, sports and cycling are some other options, that can be used for increasing the physical activity level. Exercising is one of the best ways to burn calories.
3. Gradually ease into your diet if possible. Many diet programs allow you to do this. Remember that small changes are easier to stick with than drastic ones. Start by always leaving a little extra on your plate, or drinking water instead of soda. Smaller changes are also more likely to remain with you when the duration of your diet is complete. Aim for behavior-change goals that you know you will be able to maintain over years, not just weeks.
4. Avoid fast food as far as possible. This includes fried food and over processed foods. Try to incorporate as much fiber and protein in the diet as possible and be sure to drink at least 4-8 glasses of water per day.
5. Through the water, our body regulates temperature, eliminates unnecessary metabolic products, and carries nutrients and oxygen to cells. Not to drink water is one of the most common errors people do in a weight loss diet. Water is necessary for the burning of calories. If you let yourself be dehydrated your metabolism malfunctions-and that means slower weight loss. Research indicates that adults who drink 8 or more glasses of water per day burn more calories than those who drink less. So, try to add a glass of water at each meal or snack.
6. Not every diet suits every person. For some people the Atkins Diet will work wonders and they will be able to maintain their ideal weight by adhering to the general rules of the eating plan. Promises of rapid weight loss may be fulfilled for one person while following the specific diet while another person will experience only moderate success, if any at all.
7. Your diet should consist of all the essential nutrients required by the body. This includes, proteins, carbohydrates, fiber and even fats but in less amounts. Try to include proteins in large amounts and carbohydrates in moderate quantities. Dietary fiber foods contain very less calories and will help to avoid constipation and facilitate easy bowel movements. Avoid foods high in bad cholesterol and fats. Try to consume foods that increase your metabolism.
Author is an online researcher on natural weight loss. Nutritionist. Click read more on weight loss tips, ways to lose weight fast.