This low carb foods list features natural, whole food choices and is good for anyone on a low carb diet. While experts recommend that a little over half of your daily diet should include carbohydrates, you want to avoid simple carbs from items like doughnuts, pizza, chips and crackers. Instead, it is wiser to get complex carbs from the all natural low carb foods list here.
1. Lettuce, spinach and other leafy greens offer excellent nutrition from naturally, low carb foods. A single serving (about 1 1/2 cups) includes only 3 grams of carbohydrates, and those are good, healthy, complex carbohydrates.
2. Tomatoes are surprisingly low in carbohydrates. For example, 1 medium size vine ripe tomato offers seven grams of carbs, but you rarely eat a whole tomato, so that number can be chopped in half.
3. Carrots provide so much nutrition in just a small number of calories that they must be a part of any low carb foods list. 1 medium, raw carrot about six to seven inches long yields eight grams of carbohydrates.
4. Broccoli is the most popular vegetable in our natural, low carb foods list. 1 whole medium stalk of broccoli contains only 8 grams of high quality complex carbohydrates from whole foods.
5. Green beans are the lean choice on any low carb foods list in the bean category. While black and red beans, baked beans, lima beans, kidney beans and pinto beans are loaded with almost 30 grams of carbohydrates in a serving, green beans weigh in at only 5 grams of carbs per 3/4 cup serving.
6. Snow peas, green peas, and sugar snap peas are low carb foods that are bursting with flavor. You can eat a half-cup of green peas, a full cup of snow peas, or a cup of steamed sugar snap peas and stay fit with only about 10 grams of carbohydrates per serving, plus healthy fiber, which is also crucial for a healthy, low carb diet.
7. Cucumbers are a natural choice for this natural low carb foods list because they are easy to clean, slice, and consume. A third of a medium size cucumber includes just over three grams of carbs. Use them on salads, and in sandwiches.
8. Bean Sprouts are perfect for salads, and in Chinese food. Even a low carb diet will allow you to eat a whole cup of bean sprouts for only 6 grams of carbs.
9. Celery is great for the fiber, the nutrients, and the benefit of cleansing bad breath. Celery is a must on our natural, low carb foods list at only 3 grams of carbs in 2 medium stalks.
10. Nutrient dense, concentrated whole food formulas offer superior nutrition with under ten grams of carbs. These advanced, concentrated low carb foods are not typically found in stores, but can be found on the Internet. This last pick may sound a bit off the beaten path for a natural low carb foods list, but if you change your mind about nutrition and the way you explore a low carb diet, then you will see that there is a better way.
Cliff Everett Smith is a professional actor and co-owner of a health food store online. He is also a serious athlete who is always on the lookout for the finest whole foods and health drinks. At www.BestHealthFoodStore.net, they offer personal nutrition coaching and details about whole, concentrated low carb foods for the healthiest low carb diet.