If you want advice on weight loss and healthy low calorie recipes to lose weight safely – then you will find the information below helpful.
Are you considering what the best weight loss plan to choose is? Have you found a low calorie diet that sounds great, but at the same still has you feel wary about? Or, do you just want to lose weight fast and do not know where to start?
Stop worrying, with the right help and best diet, along with guidance on how to choose healthy low calorie recipes better suited to your personal taste – then you’re onto a winner for shedding the pounds. Is it belly fat you want rid of? Are your legs on the fat side? Are you obese and think you look gross, and want to do something about it? These are a few of the most common reasons why people with excess weight come looking for ways to help them slim down.
A lot will go in search of a fast weight loss plan to get their body back in shape to look good, this is great, but it is about feeling good too. Obesity kills end of story. People need to consider their health before beauty. Why not kill two birds with one stone, and have both.
Dieting to lose weight is not something new on the market, and not something we have to learn about from scratch, however those who know about dieting, may not know all that is included with the whole scenario. Knowing the basics is not enough.
Overweight people think if they eat less food the weight will drop off. While this is true, certain factors have to be considered first, such as health. To ignore this can cause serious complications which may reach a point that can leave you extremely ill.
Losing weight is simply a matter of burning more calories than you eat. But having said that, if it was as easy as some make out then why do we have so many fat people still walking the streets.
A lot of the time folk with a weight problem find it hard to follow a weight loss program, and these same people tend to take drastic steps no matter the cost to their pocket, or health. Some particular diets and diet pills may contain dangerous elements, and this is worrying because, the same desperate people turn to these options whatever the consequence, just as long as they lose weight
The ideal way for a weight loss plan to be a success is to make small changes daily.
You need to forget about instant results and settle in for the long run and enjoy your time dieting.
To lose one pound of fat, you must burn about 3500 calories over and above what you already burn during the day. This sounds a big amount and you surely would not want to attempt to burn that amount. However, by taking one step at a time you can decide what you need to do daily to burn or cut out those extra calories.
Remember to calculate your BMR (basal metabolic rate). What is BMR? Simply explained BMR is what your body needs to keep normal functions like breathing and digestion in order. This is the smallest amount of calories you should try and consume every day. It is a good idea to keep a diary with the figures written down.
Calculate your activity level. You can purchase a calorie calculator which you will find helpful when following a weight loss plan. The calculator will be your best friend throughout this time; it will help you figure out how many calories you burn while sitting, standing, exercising, lifting heavy weights or other during the day. It helps to keep a daily activity log or you could even wear a heart rate monitor that calculates calories burned. Ask your doctor, or a dietician, or call into to speak to the pharmacist at the chemist for more details about the heart rate monitor Keep track of the amount of calories you eat.
First of 5 low calorie healthy recipes
Tasty Shrimp dish Serve over a bed of brown rice and with a side of roasted vegetables.
Sauteed Shrimp recipe – 134 calories
1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined 2 teaspoons olive oil 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped 1 teaspoon herb seasoning 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. 2. Add the shrimp and sautÃ© for about 1 minute. 3. Add the herb seasoning, lemon juice, salt and pepper; stir to coat the shrimp. 4. SautÃ© for about 3-4 minutes (until the shrimp are bright pink and cooked through). 5. Remove from the heat and stir in the parsley.
Nutritional information for one serving: Calories: 134 Total fat: 3.5 g Cholesterol: 220 mg Sodium: 545 mg Total carbs: 0.8 g Fiber: 0.1 g Protein: 23.8 g Weight Watchers points: 3
Who does not love Nutella, so just for you here is a delicious recipe for you to tryâ¦and share with others, oh well maybe not with others it is your call.
Number 2 of 5 low calorie healthy recipes
Nutella Biscotti Recipe – 90 calories
1/2 cup chocolate chips 1/2 cup Nutella 1/2 cup hazelnuts (optional) 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour 3 large eggs 2 tablespoons cocoa 1/2 teaspoon baking soda 1/2 teaspoon baking powder 1/2 teaspoon salt 1 cup sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 350Â° F. 2. In a medium bowl, sift together the cocoa, flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. 3. In a large bowl, beat the eggs until frothy. 4. Add the sugar and continue beating for about 2 minutes. 5. Stir in the Nutella. 6. Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and stir until well combined. 7. Stir in the chocolate chips and hazelnuts (if using). 8. Flour your hands well and divide the dough into 2 or 3 logs; arrange on a parchment lined baking sheet. Press the logs into rectangles approximately 1/2 inch thick. 9. Bake in the oven at 350 degrees F for about 20 minutes. 10. Remove from the oven. Turn down oven heat to 300Â° F. 11. Using a serrated knife, cut the logs into 1/3-1/2 inch slices. Arrange on a baking sheet and return to the oven. 12. Bake for about 10-12 minutes, then turn the biscotti over and bake for about 10-12 more minutes (depending on the thickness of your slices).
Nutritional information for one serving: Calories: 90 Total fat: 2.5 g Cholesterol: 17 mg Sodium: 62 mg Total carbs: 15.8 g Fiber: 0.7 g Protein: 1.7 g Weight Watchers points: 2 Number 3 of 5 low calorie healthy recipes
Stuffed Mushrooms recipe – 175 calories
28 large (2 1/2-inch-diameter) white mushrooms, stemmed 1/2 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese 1/2 cup Italian-style dried bread crumbs 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. 2. Stir the Pecorino cheese, bread crumbs, garlic, mint, parsley, and 2 tablespoons olive oil in a medium bowl to blend. 3. Add salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. 4. Drizzle a heavy large baking sheet with about 1 tablespoon olive oil, to coat. 5. Spoon the filling into the mushroom cavities and arrange them on the baking sheet (cavity side up). 6. Drizzle the remaining oil over the filling in each mushroom. 7. Bake for about 25 minutes (until the filling is golden on top and heated through and the mushrooms are tender). 8. Serve.
Servings: 7 (4 mushrooms per serving)
Nutritional information for one serving: Calories: 175 Total fat: 13 g Sodium: 264 mg Total carbs: 9.4 g Fiber: 1.3 g Protein: 6.8 g Weight Watchers points: 4 Number 4 of 5 low calorie healthy recipes
Southwestern Onion Rings recipe – 171 calories
2 large sweet onions 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour 2 eggs 2 1/2 cups buttermilk 3 tablespoons water 2 teaspoons chilli powder 2 teaspoons salt 1-2 teaspoon cayenne pepper 1 teaspoon ground cumin 1 teaspoon garlic powder 1 teaspoon sugar
1. Slice the onions into 1/4? slices and separate the rings. 2. Place the rings in a bowl and add the buttermilk to cover the onions. 3. Soak for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. 4. In another bowl, beat together the eggs and water. 5. Combine the flour, chilli powder, salt, cayenne pepper, cumin, garlic powder and sugar in a shallow dish. 6. Drain the onion rings. 7. Dip the rings in the egg mixture first, then dredge in the flour mixture. 8. Fry the onion rings in 1? of oil heated to 375 degrees, a few at a time, until golden brown on each side. 9. Drain and serve immediately.
Nutritional information for one serving: Calories: 171 Total fat: 2.4 g Cholesterol: 55 mg Sodium: 688 mg Total carbs: 29.8 g Fiber: 1.6 g Protein: 7.5 g Weight Watchers points: 3 Number 5 of 5 low calorie healthy recipes
Bean and Sesame Seed Spread (Hummus) recipe – 77 calories
Ingredients: 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans 1 garlic clove, cut in half 1/2 cup sesame seeds 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 tablespoons lemon juice
1. Drain the garbanzo beans and reserve the liquid. 2. Place the reserved bean liquid, garlic and sesame seeds in the food processor. Cover and blend on high speed until mixed. 3. Add the garbanzo beans, salt and lemon juice. Cover and process on high speed until smooth. 4. Serve as a spread with crackers, wedges of pita bread or raw vegetables.
Nutritional information for one serving: Calories: 77 Total fat: 3.4 g Cholesterol: 0 mg Sodium: 203 mg Total carbs: 9.7 g Fiber: 2.3 g Protein: 2.8 g Weight Watchers points: 1
Eat healthy and live longer by watching your diet.
About Fat Loss Diet information for people that like to eat and not feel hungry