If you make your plans early enough, you can host a party that not one of your guests will forget. Do not wait until the last minute to try to get all your plans together. There is always a chance that you will forget something that is important.
To avoid this, it is best to start your planning early and plan everything thoroughly. If you are organized, it will help a lot in hosting a successful party. It is always very difficult to put everything together at the last minute, and many of your guests might already have plans.
Below will follow 10 tips that you can use to plan a successful party:
1. Decide on a date, preferably one that will be suitable for most of your family and friends.
2. Make a decision on what type of party you will be giving. For example, will you be having a barbeque in your backyard, or will you make use of caterers? Will your party have a theme or dress code? Will it be for adults only or family friendly?
3. Send out your invites early enough before everybody makes other plans. Ask them to RSVP so you will know how many people to cater for. Make sure that the invite has information on the type of party and dress code, so that everybody can be well prepared.
4. Decide what music you are going to play at your party, and if you are going to hire a DJ. If you get the right DJ, it will go a long way in making your party unforgettable. They will take care of all your music needs, set up playlists and play requests throughout the evening.
5. Draw up a list of everything that you will need for your party, and check it a few times to make sure that you do not miss anything.
6. Get all your supplies about a week before your party. If you forget something, you will have enough time to get it during the rest of the week. You can also buy most of your drinks and non-perishable foods during this time.
7. Make sure that everything is in order the day before your party. Your lawn should be manicured and your home clean and neat. Start getting everything ready the day before the party. Check your party list one more time to make sure you have not missed anything.
8. Check the menu for the party and make sure you have enough food for everyone so that there is a good selection of food that will also cater for your more fussy eaters.
9. Ensure that you go to bed early enough the previous night so that you get enough sleep. If you rest well enough, you will be more relaxed and calm on the big day.
10. Rise early enough so that you have enough time to take care of the last minute details. This will allow you more than enough time to get yourself ready before all your guests start to arrive.
Following these ten simple tips, you can ensure that you host a party to remember – good luck!
By Derek Jansen, founder of DerekJay Entertainment, specialists in professional DJ hire and wedding DJs in Johannesburg, South Africa.