Obesity has become a serious cause of concern, as an overweight body can render the mental fitness very low. There are weight loss plans and diets that can help in weight loss and some tips for weight loss. Losing weight doesn’t require a gym membership — it can be done by making adjustments to your diet and incorporating exercise into your lifestyle
1. A walk instead of driving is important for inactive people. An hour everyday is recommended by professionals to help in burning those extra calories.
2. Drinking plenty of water is perhaps the most recommended weight loss tip. Water helps to suppress your appetite besides it also keeps off dehydration which can lead to false cravings for food. In addition, water helps your body to metabolize stored fat by helping the kidneys flush out waste. Health experts recommend that you drink at least 8 glasses of water every day and that you avoid soft drinks or carbonated beverages. This will help you lose weight effectively.
3. Incorporating exercise into your lifestyle can expedite weight loss. Doing regular cardiovascular exercise will speed up your metabolism and burn calories. At home, your cardiovascular training can include walking up and down the stairs, running in place — and even heavy house cleaning can bring the heart rate up. Weight training tones and builds muscle, which keeps the metabolism active even when you are at rest. Instead of purchasing weights, use water bottles or food cans in a bag as your weights.
4. If you decide to have junk food for a snack – be sure to measure and control what you eat.
5. A study shows that keeping less food on the plate can lessen the quantity of food consumed. Downsizing the food plates and coffee mugs will be another option of lessening calories.
6. The trend of eating out more frequently at restaurants is making people gain weight. This is because people are more likely to go for high-fat, high-calorie meals when eating out. Experts therefore recommend that you stay in and cook delicious but low-calorie meals at home.
7. Weight gain is not always caused by taking in more calories than the body needs to function and a lack of exercise. According to Glenville’s website, cortisol — also known as the stress hormone — can increase weight. Cortisol production is triggered by increased levels of stress. Controlling your stress level is essential to halt weight gain and start losing weight. Meditation, breathing exercises and delegating tasks at work can all help lower cortisol production.
8. Coffee drunk at cafes and shops has extra calories due to whole milk, whipped cream, sugar and sugary syrups. They can be replaced with regular coffee with skimmed milk brewed with good beans which has fewer calories.
9. Losing weight alone may sound like a punishment to some. To help you make weight loss a fun-filled and also competitive activity, experts recommend people start a weight loss plan along with a friend, sibling or colleague. This will help you to share your successes and difficulties, and remain motivated.
Author is an online researcher on natural weight loss. Nutritionist. Click read more on natural weight loss, how to lose belly fat.