Are you having problems losing those unwanted pounds? Have you tried a weight loss diet before with little change to your body? Do you want to get the body that is the envy of all your friends and one that your spouse loves? This article will reveal seven effective weight loss diet tips that will have you looking just the way you want in no time at all and with very little effort.
1. Start by drinking plenty of water. It’s very good for you and can stave off hunger pangs to a certain degree. Drinking low calorie soft drinks is an acceptable alternative to water. Fruit juice contains calories, so be very careful not to overdo them.
2. If you take sugar in warm drinks, such as tea and coffee, try to reduce it or even replace it with artificial sweeteners. Some people find sweeteners leave an unpleasant after-taste. But just like anything else, it doesn’t take long before this taste becomes acceptable. However, you could gradually reduce the amount of sugar that you take in your drinks until you take none, or so little that it makes no difference.
3. Make the effort to avoid alcohol whenever you can, especially in the home. If you are invited out to a social event, alternate with water (sparkling or still) or low calorie soft drinks.
4. Be sure to eat before you do your supermarket shopping. This way you are less likely to be impulsive and buy all those nice treats that are there to tempt us. Make out your shopping list before you go and be disciplined enough to stick to it. If you don’t have biscuits, cakes, chocolates, crisps and other highly fattening delicacies in the house, you can’t eat them.
5. ‘I can resist anything except temptation.’ Try not to put temptation in your path. It is, without doubt, more difficult to be disciplined when we are in company or at a social gathering. However, to reach your desired weight, you will need to be disciplined in all circumstances or you will have to decline invites from time to time. If you ‘fall off the wagon,’ don’t go on a binge and say that you will start your healthy eating plan again after the weekend. We’ve all done it. It’s much easier to gain weight whilst binging, than it is to lose it afterward.
6. With the ever increasing size of portions in this day and age, it is easy to see how and why we can become over weight without trying. A great way to counteract this trend is by starting to eat child’s portions whenever possible. If you think that you can’t possibly survive on such small portions, just try it. However, you will find it much easier to be satisfied with a smaller portion by totally concentrating on what you are eating. E.g. have no distractions like the TV or music etc. At first this will be very strange if you have never done it before. But the outcome will surprise you. You will notice the flavours more when there are no distractions. If you take the time to chew each mouthful 15 – 20 times, you will have enough to eat before you expect to. When there are distractions, you eat subconsciously, not noticing what you are eating and therefore don’t get the satisfaction from the food that your brain expects.
7. Don’t go without meals. This will only create a greater hunger later, which is likely to tempt you to binge when that is the last thing that you want to do. Eat little but eat often. Don’t snack between meals. Eat an apple or banana or similar piece of fruit. A banana is good for giving you energy. You must have seen tennis professionals nibbling on them between games.
Your ultimate body is within reach if you follow the proven weight loss diet tips in this article. Weight loss is not a pipe dream or only for those with the perfect genetic make up. Use these strategies and very soon you will see a slimmer, healthier figure staring back at you from the mirror.
Cathy Dymond has put together a complimentary report on weight loss that will help you solve your weight loss problems quickly and permanently. To access it instantly, please visit http://www.yourweightlosssecrets.com