You don’t have to turn on the oven to make this no-bake cake from FAGE Total, but you do need to refrigerate it for 12 hours to set.
The fudgy chocolate is accented with coffee liqueur: Illy, Kahlúa, Tia Maria or whatever you have on hand.
If you don’t like coffee liqueur, substitute orange liqueur (Cointreau, Grand Marnier, Gran Gala, Triple Sec), rum, whiskey or spirit of choice.
The recipe allows for even more personalization:
Your choice of ingredients is mixed into the chocolate: broken cookie pieces, dried fruits (including coconut), nuts, etc. It’s an opportunity to go through the cupboard and toss in whatever you like.
Prep time is 30 minutes, refrigerator time is 12 hours.
Given the sweetness of the cake, a dollop of plain Greek yogurt or crème fraîche is a nice counterpoint.
Ingredients For 10 Servings
1. MELT the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of hot water. In another bowl…
2. LIGHTLY WHIP the heavy cream, then fold in the yogurt and set aside.
3. MIX the coffee and liqueur together in a pan and warm. Then dissolve the corn syrup in the warmed coffee mix.
4. POUR the melted chocolate has into the coffee mix, then fold in the mixed nuts/dried fruit/broken biscuits.
5. START to fold the cream and yogurt into the chocolate mixture. When they are fully mixed into the chocolate, pour the mixture into a 10-inch-round cake tin. Refrigerate for 12 hours.
6. TO SERVE: Turn the cake out onto a board, cut into 10 portions, and serve each on a dessert plate garnished with a sprig of mint and a dollop of plain Greek yogurt.