A couple of years ago we published a piece called 20 Ways To Use Leftover Wine.
Here’s a mini holiday version, with two ways to re-incorporate the wine into other holiday foods, suggested by Wine Society.
For both recipes:
1. COMBINE all ingredients through the fruit. When ready to serve…
2. POUR sangria into glasses and top off with club soda.
You can use the same recipe to make poached apples.
1. COMBINE the wine and spices in a large saucepan and bring to simmer over medium heat.
2. ADD the pears and cover them with an inverted plate, to be sure that they are entirely submerged in the wine. Simmer for 2 hours, until soft enough to easily pierce with a fork.
3. REMOVE from the heat and allow to cool in the wine.
4. REMOVE the pears with a slotted spoon and set aside. Strain the wine mixture.
5. PREPARE the sauce. Combine 2 cups of the strained spiced wine with the sugar in a small saucepan. Over medium heat, reduce the sauce until thickened.
6. SERVE: Plate each poached on a plate or in a dessert cup. Drizzle with the sauce and garnish as desired.
Tempt, Fate, Chance, Pleasure: These are the names of the four varieties of 500ml wine cans from Wine Society, containing red, white, rosé and gamay wines, respectively (photo #3; gamay is a special edition).
Fun and fashionable, you can buy a mixed box or a single style.