It is best to follow a healthy weight loss plan to lose weight effectively. There are several fad diets out there that promise to help you lose inches or kilos within miraculously small periods. While they go against logic, they are unbelievably tempting because of the results they offer. Most fast weight loss diets talk about limiting the quantity of food or calories which I shall refer to as the starvation diets.
Another variety of diets are those that cut out certain food groups mostly carbohydrates and fats from your daily diet. Many propagate or banish food groups in certain combinations like not eating carbohydrates with proteins…etc. Followed for long period these diets can be extremely detrimental to your overall weight goals and overall health.
Losing weight the right way is actually pretty intuitive. We all know that we need to eat a simple diet and exercise but we don’t want to do that and end up falling for a hoax. Healthy weight loss is as much about mind control as it is about food control so prepare your mind before you prepare your body. To kick start your healthy weight loss program follow the 5 easy principles given below that on their own can help you cut back by as much as 5 pounds every month.
1. Eat Your Breakfast: Breakfast is the most important meal of the day in the sense that it is the most easily metabolized making it the best time to indulge yourself. When you start your day by eating what you want, chances of bingeing during the day are considerable reduced helping in healthy weight loss.
2. Eat Smaller Meals: It is easier to change the size of your meal than the type. Research shows that stomach size and therefore appetite reduces when you eat less over a period of time so this is actually a sustainable change that over a period of time will considerably help reduce your calorie intake.
3. Eat More Frequently: To eat less, you need to eat more. This may appear counter intuitive since people believe that eating more often means eating more overall. Nothing could be further from the truth. When you space out your meals in gaps of 2-3 hours, you actually eat a lot less plus the body’s metabolic rate stays high helping your body assimilate the food better resulting in healthy weight loss.
4. Eat Dinner At Least 2 Hours Before You Sleep: Sleeping immediately after a meal prevents adequate metabolization and causes weight gain. Ensure that there is a gap of at least 2 hours between your last meal and bed time. If you feel hungry, take a small snack or drink warm milk.
5. Exercise in Accordance With Your Lifestyle: Lastly, incorporate some form of exercise in your daily routine. It could be walking, going to the gym or even a sport that you enjoy. Vary the activity to ensure that you don’t get bored.
Try and follow the above principles for healthy weight loss that is permanent!
For fast weight loss solutions visit our in-depth guide, for a more active lifestyle visit our blog.