December 30th is National Bacon Day.
These lollipops from Wright Brand Bacon are not kid stuff.
Slow-cured, thick-cut bacon is skewered and grilled to crispy tender perfection, then glazed with ancho pepper honey for a little sweet heat.
Unlike candy lollipops, you’ll want more than one. all around.
The only fly in the ointment: You need an outdoor grill to finish the recipe.
Prep time is 30 minutes, cook time os 30 minutes.
Ingredients For 12-15 Lollipops
1. PREHEAT the oven to 325°F.
2. REMOVE the bacon from the package still stacked together. Slice the stacked bacon into 1″ wide blocks, then skewer the blocks with a wooden skewer. Place on a sheet pan and roast the bacon pops for 30 minutes, or until the fat has rendered. While cooking the bacon…
3. HEAT the honey in a small sauce pan and stir in the adobo and ancho pepper. Heat on medium low for five minutes. Give the bacon a generous coat of the adobo honey (like you would baste a turkey) until the outside is sticky.
4. REMOVE the bacon from the pan and place on a clean plate. Chill for 20 minutes in the refrigerator. While the lollipops are chilling…
5. HEAT an outdoor grill to medium high and grill the bacon for 5-10 minutes, or until peak crispiness is achieved. Remember to baste the bacon with the adobo honey while on the grill.
6. REMOVE the lollipops from the grill and finish them with sriracha seasoning and green onions.