You can use whatever ingredients you like to make these St. Patrick’s Day roll-up sandwiches.
These shamrock-shaped sandwiches have no corned beef: they’re turkey and Swiss cheese.
But the fun is arranging the slices in the form of a shamrock, and decorating with a scallion stem and scattered diced scallions.
We do recommend adding at least a bit of green in the form of lettuce, arugula or watercress.
Substitute any meat and cheese in this recipe.
For a St. Patrick’s Day focus, use corned beef, Irish cheddar and Russian dressing or mustard instead of the cream cheese.
This recipe mixes cream cheese and cranberry sauce as the spread. Turkey and cranberry sauce are a natural pairing, or course. But if you don’t want the cranberry sauce, just leave it out.
This recipe was adapted from Culinary Hill.
1. MIX the cream cheese and cranberry sauce in a small bowl with until thoroughly combined.
2. PLACE a tortilla flat on a cutting board and spread with a thick layer of cream cheese, all the way to the edges. Layer 3 lettuce leaves down the middle of the tortilla.
3. LAYER 2 slices of turkey and 4 pieces of Swiss cheese on top of the lettuce. Top with several slices of tomatoes.
4. ROLL up. Starting at one end of the tortilla, roll tightly towards the filling. Continue rolling until the filling is tightly wrapped and the cream cheese holds the roll up together.
5. CONTINUE with the remaining tortillas until all have been assembled. If you won’t be consuming them shortly, Wrap each roll up tightly in plastic wrap and keep in the fridge until serving time. To serve, trim away any unfilled ends away. Slice each tortilla into 8 equal pieces.
6. CREATE the scallion stems and scattered garnish. Cut the white ends from the scallion and reserve for another use. Cut “stem-length” piece for each sandwich, and dice some of the thin to greens into garnish.
The post FOOD FUN: Roll-Up Sandwiches For St. Patrick’s Day first appeared on THE NIBBLE Blog – Adventures In The World Of Fine Food.