The Easter Bunny delivers more than chocolate and eggs. He delivers these Easter Bunny Popcorn Bars, made by Mrs. Easter Bunny for the whole family (photo #1).
In addition to popcorn and marshmallows, there are crunchy candy-coated chocolate eggs. We’re sending everybody home with zip-top treat bags full of them (get them at Michael’s).
> The history of Easter candy.
If you can find colored mini marshmallows, so much the better—especially for the top garnish.
Chocolate lovers can drizzle melted dark, milk or white chocolate over top. (We suggest that you drizzle it over the popcorn, and then press the marshmallows and chocolate eggs into the chocolate drizzle.)
1. GREASE and line a 13-x-9-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
2. MELT the butter in a large saucepan set over medium-low heat. Stir in 3 cups of marshmallows and the vanilla until melted. Remove from the heat.
3. IMMEDIATELY STIR in the popcorn until well coated. Press into the parchment line pan and smooth the top with a greased spatula.
4. IMMEDIATELY SPRINKLE with the remaining marshmallows, miniature eggs, and sprinkles. Press the toppings lightly to adhere to the popcorn layer. Optionally drizzle with melted chocolate. Let stand for about 30 minutes or until set.
5. CUT into bars. Store in an airtight container.