It’s National Taco Day, October 4th, and it coincides with Taco Tuesday! (Plus, January 25th is National Fish Taco Day and March 21st is National Crunchy Taco Day.)
Here’s how to make crunchy taco shells. It couldn’t be easier, and there’s just no comparison in flavor between the packaged hard taco shells and freshly-made home shells.
Laura Fuentes of MOMables has created an easy way to turn flat corn tortillas into hard, crunchy taco shells. Her shells have two added benefits:
> There are 20+ more taco recipes below.
Note that you must use corn tortillas; flour tortillas don’t work.
You can see the process in the video below.
1. LINE the bottom of the oven with foil to catch drippings. Place one oven rack in the middle position of the oven and one rack on the bottom. Make sure that there is at least 4” of room between the two racks.
2. PREHEAT the oven to 375°F.
3. MICROWAVE 4 corn tortillas in the microwave for 15 to 20 seconds to make them pliable. Transfer them onto a baking sheet and repeat the process with the remaining tortillas.
4. SPRAY both sides of the tortillas with cooking spray.
5. PULL the oven racks out, one at a time, and using tongs, drape each tortilla over two bars of the oven rack. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until the tortillas are golden and crispy. Carefully remove them from the oven onto a clean baking sheet. You’re ready to fill and serve.
The post Make Baked Hard Taco Shells From Corn Tortillas: It’s Easy first appeared on The Nibble Webzine Of Food Adventures.
The Nibble Webzine Of Food Adventures