These Chocolate Caramel Apple Pops are a great alternative to chocolate or caramel apples. They give you all the flavor with just a slice of the calories.
This recipe, from Colavita, uses extra virgin olive oil
> The history of caramel apples.
> There are more caramel apple and candy apple recipes below.
The apples are best on the first day, but you can store them in the fridge overnight.
1. SLICE the apples into 1/2″ slices. You’ll be able to get about two slices per apple. With a knife make a little slit in the bottom of each apple slice and insert the ice pop stick into the slit.
2. MELT the chocolate chips in the microwave or in a double boiler. Keep it warm, and set it aside.
3. MELT the caramels. Add the caramels and 3 tablespoons of water to a heat-proof bowl and melt them either in the microwave or over a double boiler. Set aside.
4. STIR the olive oil into the melted chocolate and mix well. Dip the apple slices in chocolate, coating them on all sides. Place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
5. DRIZZLE the melted caramel over the chocolate and sprinkle with the nuts. Refrigerate for about 1 hour. Serve and enjoy.
The post Chocolate Caramel Apple Pops Recipe (Fewer Calories Than A Whole Apple) first appeared on The Nibble Webzine Of Food Adventures.
The Nibble Webzine Of Food Adventures